With Chandler located in the southeast Phoenix Metro area, it is close to many other cities including Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert and the Gila River Indian Community. Named after the first veterinary surgeon in the Arizona Territory, Chandler is the fourth largest city in Arizona and has an off-season population of around 276,000. But like many of the suburb cities of Phoenix, its population grows considerably during the fall and winter when snowbirds come down to enjoy the mild winter weather, relax and enjoy all the area has to offer.
With a long list to choose from, here are some of the more popular things people like to do while down here:
- Golf - The area has numerous golf courses located in and around the Chandler area. With the lushness of the fairways and greens set against the brown Sonoran Desert landscape, it brings the excitement of golf to a whole new level.
- Casinos – Close to Chandler are four casinos: Vee Quiva, Wild Horse Pass, Lone Butte, Harrah’s Ak-Chin. But these casinos are not just for the many types of gambling available, they also feature great dining, bars and lounges, and entertainment too.
- Explore Ruins – In the surrounding area are several ruins to explore. The closest one to Chandler is the Casa Grande Ruins National Monument. But there are others located at Globe and several in the Camp Verde, AZ area, including Montezuma’s Castle.
- Sports – Close by in Phoenix are teams from all of the major sports – NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL and of course many MLB teams come to this area for Spring Training.
- Tortilla Flat – This is a must see while in the area. Located at the end of the paved portion of the Apache Trail, the saloon here serves great western-type food, along with an interesting decor – saddles for bar stools and walls lined in dollar bills. Oh … and on your way there, be sure to stop in at the Superstition Mountain Lost Dutchman Museum.
If your plans are to come to our area for just a few nights or all winter, we have some recommended RV resorts and parks in the area where you can stay.
1. Twin Palms RV Park
Twin Palms is an intimate small RV park located one block from a Light Rail Station, which makes it easy to go into Phoenix for shopping, dining or to attend a sporting event.
- 15 sites with full hookups (30 and 50 amp electric), WiFi and cable.
- RVs must be newer than 10 years and cannot be pop-ups, tiny homes, converted school buses or homemade RVs
- 2225 East Main
- Mesa, AZ 85213
- Website: http://www.twinpalmsrv.com/
2. Mesa Gardens RV Park
This RV park is also located close to the Light Rail – 200 feet away. They are also one of the few parks in the area that caters to the traveling workforce like traveling nurses.
- All 98 sites are back-in and come with full hookups (30 and 50 amp electric) including WiFi.
- Two types of RV sites: one for Big Rigs and the other with a 35’maximum length.
- 1024 W Main St
- Mesa, AZ 85201
- Website: https://mesagardensrvpark.com/
3. five Star RV Park
This family-owned RV park is located near downtown Chandler, so it is easy to find a place to eat, see a movie or listen to great music.
- 31 sites that can accommodate big rig/tow combinations up to 70’
- Sites have water and electric (20, 30 or 50 amp)
- 702 E Chandler Blvd
- Chandler, AZ 85225
- Website: https://www.countyoffice.org/five-star-rv-mobile-park-chandler-az-198/
4. Desert Vista RV Park
This park is small by stature, but large in amenities that RVers are looking for in an RV park – modern restrooms, clubhouse, pet walk, pool, jacuzzi and laundromat.
- 62 sites with concrete pads that can handle big rigs up to 40’
- Full hook-ups on both back-ins and pull-thrus with 30 and 50 amp electric
- RVs must be no older than 10 years
- 124 South 54th Street
- Mesa, AZ 85206
- Website: http://properties.camping.com/desert-vista-rv-resort/Overview
5. Viewpoint RV & Golf Resort
This RV is different from the other RV parks on this list as it has its own 18-hole championship golf course, as well as a 9-hole executive course. It also offers a large number of resort amenities that most RVers like to use.
- 331 sites with full hook-ups for today’s modern RVs.
- 8700 E University Drive
- Mesa, AZ 85207
- (888) 563-7040
- Website: https://www.rvonthego.com/arizona/viewpoint-rv-golf-resort/
6. Monte Vista RV Resort
This 55+ gated desert oasis is located on 80 acres of land west of the Superstition Mountains. It too has all the resort amenities anyone would want including a 24-hour manned gate and roving patrol.
- 237 sites – back-ins and pull-thrus all with full hookups
- 9060 Steven Pollard
- Mesa, AZ 85209
- (888) 563-7040
- Website: https://www.rvonthego.com/arizona/monte-vista-rv-resort/
Come Home to Carefree Covered RV Storage
After enjoying your stay at any or all of these great RV parks, come home to Carefree Covered RV Storage. We’ll be ready and waiting to take care of you and your vehicle. When you store your recreational vehicles with us, you’ll enjoy secure, quality covered RV storage with our extensive camera video surveillance, along with 365-day automated access with our phone gate app, charging outlets, free wifi, a dog park for your fur babies, and a free self RV wash and sewer dump.
We’ve even got complimentary bags of ice! Also need a storage unit for other small recreational toys, equipment, and supplies? We’ve got them at our Apache Junction and Chandler locations! We’re always here for our customers at Carefree Covered RV Storage. Check out our facility video and then stop by, and we’ll get your rig set up.
At Carefree Covered RV Storage, you’re guaranteed peace of mind, protection, and personalized, old-fashioned service. We make it easy for you to rent and make payments online, maintain your vehicle, and get on the road — so that you can keep living the carefree life.